Di-Tron Heavy Industries
Posted - 2009.12.02 04:31:00 - [1
I patched and had major issues. Of course, that always happens, so I also DLed the full client in the background.
These steps cleaned up everything, and the fresh install is working well for me. No disconnects after idle time, the login is working quickly, and all the weird lag I was seeing seems to be gone.
Here's what I did.
1) Delete any instances of Eve in your Applications folder
2) Go to your home folder, then Library/Preferences, and delete the "EVE Online Preferences" folders, and any copies you made for second/third/whatever clients
3) Also in your home folder, go to Library/Caches and delete com.transgaming.EVEOnline
4) Reboot. I say this mainly because my patched client refused to quit cleanly, and a ton of Cedega binaries were still in use, and might not be overwritten with the new stuff.
5) Install the client, start over from scratch.
It would be nice if we didn't have to do it, but it beats not having a Mac client IMHO. I've now been playing for 3-4 hours without many of the issues I was having with the last update. I'm liking this Dominion client so far, once it had a fresh foundation.